Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Snow! Snow! Snow!

We got blasted on Saturday and Sunday. It was great snowman building stuff. I started shoveling the side walk but I was easily distracted as you can see. Meet Doug and Susan Snowman. The next day Doug had fallen down. Maybe he got smacked for goosing Susan's bum. Just maybe.
See the bum patting going on there.
There is a pool under all that snow. It is frozen solid.
These next few photos are for my sister, D'Ann. She wants to paint a road map for her cute little grandson. You can see D'Ann that the map is a good size. I painted buildings that had some meaning to the boys. You can see the church we attended right there in the front. We also went to the bookmobile once a week so it's there too.
A cute house with all the trimmings. I remember the canvas was given to the boys from mom. She had sewn on some material periodically and drawn some squares and labeled them feedlot and stuff like that.
The Drive In.

This was a copy of our old house. If you decide to do this I know I had to buy some special something to paint over the houses I painted. I used ceramic paint. This map is at least 25 years old and it's had a ton of use. It also has a police station, grocery store, school etc. I think I got copies of some of the buildings from a coloring book. Good luck.

3 comments:

  1. Cute snowmen!! Love the bum touching!!! hahaha
    I also love the car map. I hope ours turns out great. I'm sure it will cause my mom is doing it. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls loved the snow pictures! We wonder, can people ice-skate on the pool??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved playing with that map. It was fun to have things from our own neighborhood on it. Thanks for being such a fun mom when we were little. Not that you're not fun now.
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete