Sunday, May 24, 2009

Old Braniff Photos

I thought I would post some old photos. I hope I can explain them clear enough. This is my dad with his favorite cousin Pud. Pud was 4 days older than dad and always 3 times bigger. Dad said he always felt a little insecure about that until Pud's dad looked dad over one day and said, "he's big enough" and that became his nickname.
This is always shocking to me that cameras were even around on some of these photos. Actually that someone had a camera is probably more shocking. This is a photo of my Grandma Braniff's grandparents, The Swansons. That would make them my great great grandparents on my Grandma Braniff's mothers side.
My Grandma Braniff, Mattie Susan Craig Braniff. She taught Sunday School at the Vale Christian Church forever. I mean forever. There didn't seem to be a release on that calling
My dad is in the front, if you can't tell. He's in Korea.
My Grandma Braniff's father, Grandpa Craig. His wife died when Grandma was 2. He was left with 3 girls. His sister's helped raise the girls. He ran a road construction crew with mule teams. That is how my Grandpa Braniff met Mattie. Grandpa was working for Thomas Craig.
Grandma Braniff taking D'Ann and I to church one Sunday. We went with her many times. I learned some great Sunday School songs. The Mormons should use "Fisher of Men."
This is a photo of Thomas Craig's parents. Pretty rough life.
A photo of my Grandpa Braniff. Very handsome dapper fella. I hope you enjoyed the photos. I was looking for the ones with Dad and his adopted horse. I'll find them.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing those pictures. It is always fun to see the old time pictures and compare to what we have now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pictures! I really enjoy learning about my family, I wish I knew more.
    I thought the picture of Thomas Craig's parents was a picture of David and an appalachian woman from the Appalachian trail.
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete