Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Graduation For David

We need to begin with the most important pictures of the day. On Sunday, June 14, David earned his JD Degree. I guess that stands for Juris Doctorate. He was editor-in-chief of law review, which is the most prestigious position in law school. He's not actually a lawyer until he passes the Bar Exam which he is taking at the end of July - so if you want to sue someone you wil need to wait a month or so.
Proud Mama. Way to go David.
Proud Papa. Such two remarkably handsome men.
Receiving the degree.
Here he is in a crowd of 162 graduates. Of course I narrowed it down a bit.
On Saturday we wandered and rested. We are in the commons area of University of Washington. Some of the trees you will see in the next picture are cherry blossom trees. They come on for about 2 weeks and David said it is gorgeous. It's a very beautiful campus,
Many Old Buildings. The campus started in downtown Seattle but in 1909 it was moved up to this location.
David sitting at the law school. It is a new building. I think he said it was used one year prior to their class attending. It's modern. The library and reading room inside are amazing as are the court rooms.
Messing around at a restaurant. This is a picture of our reflection in the window.
David at his kitchen. He has a very nice apartment. He had it spotless, seriously. He has 3 big windows that look out into the street right across from the fridge. The windows are part of the dinning area and living room. I guess you could say there is a living room even though there is no couch.
We went to the famous Pikes Place Market. It was a bit of an adventure.
Messing around.
Flowers everywhere. I thought I had also loaded a picture of all the colorful vegetables for sale. It was beautiful. Very fun day. We had amazing weather. Thanks David for showing us such a good time.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations David! That is really awesome that you and Doug were able to go. It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I could have been there to celebrate with David too. What an accomplishment. Not only did he graduate, but he did so well during his time there also. He's amazing. Mom, I love the pictures! You've got a good eye for photography. But you got a picture of the calendar that David swiped from your house!! Don't let him take any more of your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would notice that calendar Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David always sets the standard high. I love that. Congrats on the degree, David. I am always bragging about you to all my attorney friends.

    I had no idea UWashington was so beautiful. The buildings look more like an East Coast college rather than a West Coast university. Looks like you had such a great weekend.

    CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. David D. Hancock, Attorney at Law...never has a phrase scared me so badly. JK...Congrats Davey and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for David!! Just what this family needs a good attorney. Since we already have a dr. and a pharmacist;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations David! I'm very proud of you! Uncle Patrick

    ReplyDelete