Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hopefully Last Pool Post

I'm starting this blog out with some color because when we get to the pool it's pretty gray...literally. The flowers on the front porch are looking pretty good since the weather has been cool. Now that's it's warming up I don't think I'll be able to forget to water them like I have a couple of times last month.
Pikes Market in Seattle. Colorful.
I've been working on a path that moves around the house. I laid rock and relaid rock to come up with a plan. I think I can live with this idea. You can see one of the big rocks that I am thinking we can use for steps getting onto the pool deck. Joel almost has me talked into having trek steps built instead. I don't know. Any advice.
Shed is now gray with white trim....pretty boring. The two small rocks on the right we tried to make into steps into a smaller area on Saturday. They ended up looking very lame so needless to say they are back sitting on the basketball court.
The fence guys showed up on Thursday and planted the poles. Lamar watered on Saturday and it came into the yard. This is the only part it came into. You can see the rest of the deck is finished on the pour. It's gray.
Fence and finished decking.

This is the pool krete. It needs to be put around the sides except on the cement walls. It will also be on the bottom. It has to be smoothed out. Maybe they will finish that part tomorrow. All is well here. It's getting hot enough that we are wanting to use the pool so maybe by the end of next week. I think I've already said that a couple of times.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, I seriously am so stinking excited about this pool! I want to be the very first person to swim in it, but that may not work out. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving it. It is actually coming together perfectly. It is going to be such a blast.

    ReplyDelete