Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yard Mess

On Memorial Day weekend Sarah and Steve came up to visit. Steve wants to try and spend more time with his folks and it's to our benefit. Sarah had some sewing and Lexi and I needed a project. Lexi Lou came with me to Jerry's Nursery and she picked out the "Lexi Tree." Jerry said it will do great in our soil. She was quite the helper. It's a Maple Tree.
I had a friend of mine from work pour this curbing. He and his buddy poured all the curbing we have in the yard from 20 years ago to now. I moved some dirt into this part. Dirt came from Adam's "jump" and I transplanted some strawberries. They are great to eat of course and they are such a pretty ground cover. The strawberries in the front are on now and we eat away. With Blitz spending time with Joel we know the berries haven't been peed on so usually I just grab and eat. I hope some neighboring dog has not be using the berries to mark his territory.
I shoveled out some dirt to extend this rock path. A friend of mine had some rock I wanted to purchase and she said we could trade for math tutoring. Simple. She's already been over once and then assigned homework. One of the rocks is about 5 feet long and 6 inches wide, sandstone. I want it scored and broken into smaller pieces. It will happen. This will be a fun path coming around the house.
Pool update. Here are the walls poured into their forms. It was done last Friday.
On Tuesday the forms came down.

Walls with skimmers and the re-bar for the decking.

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you have made some really good improvements. Great Job! It is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH - I can't wait! I'm working on my tan so I'll look downright fabulous while I'm sitting next to your beautiful new pool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about working on the tan, but I thought it would be easier to just stop at the dollar store and purchase sunglasses for everyone that will be present when I take my shirt off.
    We are looking forward to benefiting from all of your hard work.
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Plan on the sunglasses Adam. It could be quite a shock. Love you all. Lots of new stuff happening yesterday and today I hope. I'll post some new photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most exciting thing to happen in WW in a long time!! Cant wait to see it done:) Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can verify how great the pool looks. I was just there last week to help mom with a "project." Project being smashing apart a 6 foot by 3 foot boulder. haha Mom and I took a couple smacks at it and decided it was probably a better idea to just go to lunch.

    I am excited on how well its coming together though. It's amazing, every project mom touchs turns special!!

    ReplyDelete