Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Pool Opening Day

Saturday was the official opening ceremony of the Hancock Swimming Pool. Braxtyn was the first grandchild in the pool. Ryan could be the first grandson. The first picture here was with Braxtyn balancing. She was getting good at it so Joel and Seth took it upon themselves to create big waves and see how long she could remain standing.
The wave machines.
Strategies were planned from these two in order to knock Braxtyn off. Of course we also witnessed diving competitions, jumping into little tube competitions, flipping competitions, things that Joel couldn't do competions. I'm not sure this little pool can handle all that you "guys" have to do in order to do "guy stuff."
You can't see the picnic table but it's right behind these chairs. I refinished the table that David built years ago. It looks great David.
Braxtyn didn't take those goggles off the entire time. She's quite the swimmer. She can't wait to swim with all the other girls.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!! Brax is getting so big and she is so beautiful!! Just like her Daddy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! We are counting the days until we can come and swim!! Mom, it looks so great - we are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait to join the fun! We too are counting down the days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today it was 114. I can't WAIT to just float around and enjoy the pool. That special West Weber scent won't even bother me. Our girls are super excited and can't wait to dive in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pics are great. That's fun that it has a diving board.
    It also looks like I had better get in the gym so I don't shame myself when I get home for Christmas. Tell Joel he looks pretty tough. Don't tell Seth anything — he already knows. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH A FUN DAY AT THE NEW POOL! I am so excited to swim with everyone. You will love it.

    THANKS MOM!

    ReplyDelete